Water park and sports club are closed for renovations from 01.06
Kalev Spa offers swimming lessons to both adults and children. It is never too late to learn to swim!
Swimming lessons for adults:
Swimming classes are divided into two groups:
- Beginners – cannot swim at all
- Intermediate level – can use at least one style and can swim for 50 metres in one going
Price 240 €/20 sessions of group training with swimming for a merit badge included (client price 216 €)
Classes take place at the water park in 25m and 50m pools
Information and registration:
Instructor Andres Olvik email@example.com or +372 5686 0968
What is swimming for a merit badge?
Swimming for a merit badge is suitable for the last swimming lesson of a swimming course. Participants have the opportunity to receive one merit badge according to their skills and abilities. Participants can choose their own swimming style or styles to swim 25 m, 50 m, 100 m, or 200 m. Swimming these distances will earn the participants a corresponding merit badge (explanation below). The complex exercise of the merit badge “I can swim” corresponds to being able to swim. Swimming for a merit badge provides every participant with information about the acquired swimming abilities, helps set goals, and motivates participants to improve their swimming abilities to swim longer distances in the future.
What do the merit badge look like?
- 25 m merit badge – able to swim 25 m
- 50 m merit badge – able to swim 50 m
- 100 m merit badge – able to swim 100 m
- 200 m merit badge – able to swim 200 m
- Star merit badge – able to float on your back on the water or switch between floating on your back and stomach without your feet touching the bottom of the pool for two minutes
- “I can swim” merit badge – able to jump into the deep end of the pool, swim the breaststroke for 100 m, dive, use your hands to fetch an object from the bottom of the pool, stay still and rest while switching positions for three minutes, and then swim the backstroke for 100 m and exit the pool